Boston, Massachusetts Employment Law Attorneys
Fighting For Victims of Sexual Harassment
Sexual Harassment in the workplace occurs far more often then people think. It can come in a variety of forms and includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature, or even repeated degrading or humiliating sexual joke, gestures, or comments. Because of its nature many people are reluctant to file claim because it may cost them their job. With over 18 years of combined experience, Green and Hafer, in Boston, Massachusetts, offers expert legal assistance to victims of sexual harassment.
Generally, there are two types of sexual harassment in the workplace:
- Hostile Environment Sexual Harassment: Verbal, physical or visual forms of harassment, that are sexual in nature, “sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive” and unwelcome fall under the category of Hostile Environment Sexual Harassment. (1)
- Quid Pro Quo Sexual Harassment: “Quid pro quo” means “this for that.” This abuse of authority is illegal regardless of whether you refuse sexual demands or submit to them. (1)
Many times, victims of workplace harassment are also subjected to other employment law violations. We have been successful in helping employees recover for: discrimination, wrongful termination, and retaliation.
If you are a victim of sexual harassment, contact our attorneys at Green and Hafer to schedule an initial consultation.
Greene & Hafer Sexual Harassment Attorneys serves these and other local communities:
- Sexual Harassment Boston, MA
- Sexual Harassment Cambridge, MA
- Sexual Harassment Somerville, MA
- Sexual Harassment Quincy, MA
- Sexual Harassment Medford, MA
- Sexual Harassment Woburn, MA
Articles on Boston MA Sexual Harassment:
- Workplace Retaliation: Five Answers to Common Questions
- Employment Law Advice: Top Three Reasons You Should NOT Quit Your Job
- Breastfeeding Mothers in the Workplace