- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts United States District Court
- State of New York
AWARDS & HONORS:
- Ms. Hafer was recognized as one of Boston’s 40 “Rising Stars” in 2014, National Law Journal
- Ms. Hafer was recognized as a Rising Star in 2013 by Super Lawyers.
- Ms. Hafer was recognized as a Rising Star in 2015 by Super Lawyers.
- Ms. Hafer was recognized as a Rising Star in 2016 by Super Lawyers.
- Ms. Hafer was recognized as a Rising Star in 2018 by Super Lawyers.
- Ms. Hafer was recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2019 by Massachusetts Super Lawyers
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS:
- MCLE Faculty Member – 1st Look at the New Massachusetts Paid Family & Medical Leave Program
- Co-Author, Chapter 14 “Employment Discrimination Law,” published in Federal Civil Litigation in the First Circuit, MCLE (July 2017)
Susanne represents employees and employers in all areas of Employment law in Massachusetts. Her practice is concentrated on obtaining practical workplace solutions for her clients through effective and affordable counseling and representation. When litigation cannot be avoided, Susanne obtains results for her clients through effective litigation. She has broad experience in state and federal trial and appellate courts, agency proceedings, and mediations.
Susanne’s employment practice includes a wide range of cases, including severance and contract negotiation, discrimination and retaliation, wage and hour disputes, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and employment contract and tort claims. She has extensive experience drafting handbooks, providing workplace trainings, and conducting internal investigations.
Before focusing exclusively on employment law and forming Greene & Hafer, Susanne was an Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office – widely regarded as the premier state prosecutor’s office in the country. After leaving New York, she joined the the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office where she successfully briefed and argued cases before the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court (“SJC”) and the Appeals Court. Susanne has also taught appellate advocacy and legal writing at New England School of Law.
In October 2014, Susanne was recognized by the National Law Journal and the Connecticut Law Tribune as one of Boston’s “40 under 40” Rising Stars and was also recognized in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2018 as a Rising Star by Massachusetts Super Lawyers.