Massachusetts Wage Act

Under the Massachusetts Wage Act, if your employer fails to pay your wages, fails to pay you overtime as an hourly employee, or misclassifies you as an independent contractor, you are entitled to damages totalling three times the amount owed to you, plus your attorney fees and costs of enforcement.  Enforcing a breach of the Wage Act can be tricky – employees must file wage claims with the Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office and also file a complaint in court in order for the award of triple damages to attach to a claim. An experienced unpaid wages lawyer can assist you through the process and ensure that you are able to preserve your claims and damages.

As an employer, it is vitally important to have a wage and hour attorney review your wage payment process to ensure that it is compliant with state and federal law.

Can I sue my employer for not paying me?

The short answer is yes. And it is important to take acti